This qualification lays the foundation for the development of management qualifications across various sectors and industries. It specifically develops management competencies required by learners in any occupation, particularly those who are currently operating as junior managers. The qualification introduces key terms, rules, concepts, principles and practices of management that will enable learners to be informed managers in any occupation. It has also been developed to enable managers or prospective managers to access higher education and provide flexible access to life-long learning.
Learning assumed to be in place:
Communication and Mathematical Literacy at NQF L3 or equivalent (Grade 11).
Computer Literacy at NQF L3 (Grade 11).
This qualification is intended for junior managers of small organizations, junior managers of business units in medium and large organizations, or those aspiring to these positions.Junior managers include team leaders, supervisors, foremen and section heads. The focus of this qualification has been designed to enable learners to be competent in a range of knowledge, skills, attitudes and values including:
• Gathering and analysing information
• Analyse events that impact on a business and its competitive environment
• Complying with organizational standards
• Motivating an individual or team
• Negotiating in a work situation
• Understanding the role of business strategy as it applies to junior management
• Managing the budget within a specific area of responsibility
• Applying management principles and practices within a specific area of responsibility
• Managing work unit performance to achieve goals
• Behaving ethically and promoting ethical behaviour in a work situation
• Demonstrating understanding of the consequences
• in a work unit of HIV/AIDS
The course will be offered as an e-learning course which learners can complete at their own pace estimated duration is 12-18 months. Classroom-based training to be
completed within 12 months.